This course from the American Heart Association has been updated to reflect new science based on the 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Online is a self-directed course that uses interactive lessons and videos to teach you comprehensive First Aid, CPR (CardioPulmonary Resuscitation), and AED (Automated External Defibrillator) knowledge. This program is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs an AHA course completion card. You will learn:
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Adult choking
- Child CPR and AED use (optional)
- Infant CPR (optional)
- Child choking (optional)
- Infant choking (optional)
CPR instruction includes high-quality compressions, airway management, breathing, and how to use a mask.
First Aid instruction includes bandaging, bleeding, wounds, choking, shock, seizure, fainting, broken bones, sprains, burns, bites, stings, poison, and temperature-related conditions, to name a few.
Once you begin the course, you’ll have access to the online lessons, videos, manuals and resources for 2 years! And you can start and stop the course at your convenience until you have finished it at your own pace.
Successful completion of the full Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course includes three (3) parts:
Online course Part 1 done on your own computer, at your own time, at your own pace.
Skill Practice (Part 2) and Skills Testing (Part 3). This skills practice and testing is done at our location. It takes 1 hour.
You will receive your ELECTRONIC certification card (eCard) at the end of the Skills Session. The certification card you receive will match the Certificate of Completion that you present to us.
During the online course, if you do not complete the optional modules for Children and Infants, your certification card will reflect that you did not complete those sections. So if there is a chance that you may need to provide first aid to children and infants, it is advisable to complete thoses modules
- Monday, January 21, 2019 at 11:00 AMThe Nursing Station
- Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 11:00 AMThe Nursing Station
- Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 11:00 AMThe Nursing Station
- Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 11:00 AMThe Nursing Station
- Friday, January 25, 2019 at 11:00 AMThe Nursing Station
- Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 11:00 AMThe Nursing Station
- Monday, January 28, 2019 at 11:00 AMThe Nursing Station
- Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 11:00 AMThe Nursing Station
- Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 11:00 AMThe Nursing Station
- Thursday, January 31, 2019 at 11:00 AMThe Nursing Station